About Our Group
The ETA - Ascon & Star Group is one of the largest private sector organizations of UAE. We are US$ 6.0 Billion multidimensional, vastly diversified conglomerate committed to the highest international standards of business, which makes as a pre-eminent Corporate Entity in the Middle East.
It was established in 1973 as a joint venture between Al Ghurair Group of the United Arab Emirates, and Amana Investments Limited of Hong Kong. With headquarters in Dubai, the ETA-Ascon & Star Group network encompasses 140 branches and associate offices in 21 countries employing over 70,000 people.
In three decades, the Group has established an enviable reputation for quality, service and cost-effective technological capability, through farsightedness and sheer professionalism.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation,Japan
Mitsubishi Group is one of the largest Japanese companies operating worldwide, manufacturing and marketing a wide range of products and services. Mitsubishi Electric Corporation is the largest Elevator and Escalator manufacturing company in Japan. They have designed and developed many firsts and contributed immensely to the Elevator industry. A few of the major innovations are as follows:
- Introducing the world’s first thyristor controlled elevator – 1972.
- Introduced Variable Voltage Variable Frequency controlled Elevators (VVVF) including VVVF door operations in the year 1982
- Introduced Spiral Escalators in the year 1985, which is considered an 'Engineering marvel'. Mitsubishi is the only manufacturer for Spiral Escalators in the world
- One of the fastest Elevators in the world with a speed of 12.5 metres/sec - installed at the Yokohoma Tower, Tokyo (entered in the Guinness Book of World Records)
- Delivering the world’s first zigzag elevators – 1988.